Sunday, March 8, 2009

One sick boy

Quinn has pneumonia!

On Tuesday morning he choked on a piece of mashed banana. Tom slapped his back and got it out and we thought nothing more of it it.

But on Wednesday he woke up with a nasty cough and a slight fever. I didn't worry too much until I got him up from his afternoon nap and found a different boy: bright red cheeks, very lethargic demeanor and too weak to even make much of a coughing sound. Off we went to Dr. Duperret, then to Radiology Ltd., and found it was pneumonia.

He is on the mend with the help of strong antibiotics, but still pretty sick, poor little guy.

This is his first time sick since we met him on Nov. 1, and it's a doozy!

1 comment:

Donna Hutt Stapfer Bell said...

I was wondering! You'd gone so quiet lately. (Yes, I've been lurking.)

I'm leaving Thursday to go pick up OUR boy from Taiwan - keep good thoughts for me. He's 3.5 years old, been in foster care all that time (that I know of) and I'm not going to be able to stay home very long after we get home. *worry*

Our blog is over at http://xanxanbell.livejournal.com -
Hope everyone feels better soon!