Friday, May 14, 2010

Mother's Day

We had a really wonderful Mother's Day despite that fact that I have pneumonia! We started the day with a spectacular brunch with my parents, brothers and sister-in-law at a spectacular resort. Everyone else paid $52 per person (!!) but we ate for free because Tom wisely shot an ad for them last year and took trade-out instead of money. Smart man.

Quinn loves to do "cheers," so we started brunch with a mimosa toast. This was Quinn's first taste of orange juice, and he loved it!


After brunch Quinn took a long nap and MaMa read a book (ahhhhhh). Then we played in the back yard and BaBa pulled out the professional camera.




This shot is my favorite Mother's Day present. Love it, love it, love it.


We ended the day with what has become my Mother's Day tradition: a mound of fried food from my favorite local greasy-spoon, followed by a big slice of lemon diner cake. Yum! From start to finish, it was a pretty perfect day.


No comments: