Sunday, November 9, 2008

A fond farewell to Beijing

In a couple of hours, after the Little Emperor wakes from his nap, we leave Beijing for Guangzhou in the south of China. That's where all international adoptions are processed, and loads of businesses there cater to adoptive families. I'm looking forward to it, but I have LOVED our stay in Beijing. This is, by far, the friendliest big city I've ever visited. And it could not be more baby friendly. On the subway yesterday heading to the Lama Temple, someone always gave me a seat - here, it's babies first. When Quinn got a little fussy, people gathered around to entertain him and laughed heartily when they saw him catch his reflection in the subway window and smile.

This place is huge and loud and the traffic is pretty daunting. But it's really a wonderful place. I'll definitely be back.

No comments: